Modum, a small Swiss start-up in 2016, Developed a successful blockchain-based solution Respond to new regulatory requirements placed on EU pharmaceutical companies. This can only be met by quality controlled, digitally monitored and secure logistics for shipping and tracking sensitive products, especially temperature sensitive products.
The first impetus for innovation by Modum was the complex and rigorous new EU “Good Distribution Practices” issued by the EU Commission in March 2013. These require accurate and timely reporting of compliance, as well as reliable monitoring of the drug, including uninterrupted temperature control.
The GDP quality system Dedicated drug warehouses and distribution centers require drug distributors to meet World Health Organization standards for safety and security. All EU pharmaceutical companies and their logistics partners must comply.
Specifically, we need to implement a consistent quality management system throughout the supply chain, from the first shipment of materials to the manufacturing plant to the final shipment of medicines to end users.
Blockchain and IoT technology work together
To meet that challenge to pharmaceutical companies, Modum Blockchain Technology for creating immutability ledger Use Internet of Things (IoT) technology to track, monitor, protect, and receive steps to digitize all products, packages, transports, and other physical components to a blockchain-based platform. increase.
Modum started by working with client companies, including Swiss Post. They applied that element of technology to the logistics needs of medicines, other medicines, and fresh foods. However, by 2018, the company had created and sold a product called Modsense. This product can be purchased, installed, modified and customized by the company with the available components.
Modum is now selling this product, working with companies to apply it to their unique needs and integrate it into other systems, “from manufacturer to patient, and in real time!”
“Interoperability” and “Siloed Blockchain”
Modum identifies its distinct added value as “interoperability”.Distributed ledger “Technology” (a term that seems to be preferred over “blockchain”) is “siled” and is increasingly limited by the lack of interaction. In effect, Modum defines an important “next step” in blockchain technology (or DLT) as challenging siled structures for the following reasons:
- System semantics are often incompatible between different Distributed ledger technology.
- Also, because of the different data structures, exchanging data between distributed ledger technologies is not easy.
- Protocols vary from network to network and are not compatible between DL technologies.
- The trust model is not always verifiable between DL technologies.
- Unified governance requires all members to have access to the same access control, rollback, upgrade support, and audit and regulatory support.
Correspondingly, Modum Advocating an open and interoperable data standard solution.. Purchasing a MODsense platform and system automatically provides this shared data standard across all component organizations along the logistics supply chain. In the MODsense flowchart, this is called an “interchain network” with an “interchain router”.
MODsense focused on temperature monitoring in quality-sensitive supply chains, an important shared data standard. It emphasizes reliable and scalable monitoring of temperature and its ease.
MOD sense platform
Designed and then refined, MODsense focuses on the challenges of final-stage logistics. It monitors high volume shipments and compatibility with enterprise resource planning (ERP) software that companies may use for finance, supply chain, other operations, manufacturing, and HR activities. Other systems for warehousing and tracking solutions can be integrated with MODsense.
Companies can program quality requirements (especially GDP regulations) into MODsense. MODsense authenticates temperature and other data that is immutable, securely managed, and easily accessible in mobile apps on the blockchain. Modum started with a focus on drug distribution, but has moved to healthcare applications such as pharmaceuticals, vaccines, clinical trials and perishables.
In operation, MODsense contains 5 steps.
- The company sets specific criteria for shipping. This may include temperature alarms and logger parameters. If the logger is paired with the cargo, you do not need to manually program the logger.
- Pair the MOD sense logger with its shipment. The MODsense dashboard will generate a barcode for each shipping item. Each parcel is bar coded and labeled. The logger is activated with a single tap and starts monitoring the temperature.
- Collect data along the entire delivery route. The logger is equipped with tamper-evident technology, and if the logger’s private key is compromised, the smart contract will refuse to fulfill the contract.
- Read the logger and return the data to the blockchain platform. Upon receipt of the cargo, the ship is scanned, the information verified and stored on the blockchain. Not only does the shipper not need to open the package, but it also does not need to know that a read is being performed, which enhances secure delivery.
- Once the shipment is received, the data is immediately available anywhere on the MODsense dashboard. The quality control team receives emails or messages about temperature deviations and other issues. MODsense can generate reports to meet records management obligations and demonstrate compliance.
There are five MODsense components, including apps, to manage and monitor your logistics operations.
- MODsense T [temperature] The logger is wireless and has Bluetooth and NFC. Logger isn’t a new technology, it’s now portable and the size of a small cell phone. There are many brands. NFC is “near field communication” between two electronic devices.
- The MODsense dashboard monitors the recording of data and sets the configuration in the web app.
- The MODsense Desktop APP works via Bluetooth, NFC pads, and barcode scanners.
- The MODsense mobile app uses Bluetooth to activate and read the logger.
- The blockchain protocol layer is Ethereum.. The consensus method is proof of stake.
Summarizing the completed digitization project, Modum describes these solutions as linking the world of physical merchandise distribution with the digital world of shipping data and related financial transactions.
Early on, Modum worked with Swiss Post to create a thermos monitoring solution. Swiss Post is currently one of Modum’s permanent partners. Other early clients offering Modum recommendations include Zur Rose Suisse AG, Chemgineering (warehouse design for delicate goods), and Puregene AG (shipping cannabis seedlings).
MOD sense is ready to use. Companies in Europe, Asia and South America are starting to hire.
MODsense uses token modding with standard ERC20. The token function is voting.This is strictly limited Cryptocurrency.. Basically, each mod in circulation gives you the right to cast one vote. The token holder decides or votes whether Modum has achieved a predefined milestone. The complexity of terms such as locked coins, sharing profits with Modum, converting mods to Ether, and smart contracts on the distribution of profits to Ether token holders makes this token an investment or speculation so far. A vehicle that strongly suggests no. However, recently it has been trading on IDEX for about $ 0.18.
Roambee’s acquisition of Modum
August 2, 2021, Silicon Valley Company, RoambeeAnnounced the acquisition of Modum. Modum supported the combination. Both companies are in the supply chain arena, but their approaches are different. Roambee focuses on global distribution and logistics in the less regulated non-pharmaceutical sector.The combination seems to give Modum Access to global markets and distribution systems And it gives Roambee validity when dealing with sensitive products. A non-detailed proposal that the new company may focus on “construction”.
To date, Modum’s marketing has been blockchain and IoT adapted to the highly regulated handling of sensitive medicines. It seems to have provided a solution to the updated, demanding new GDP guidelines.
Modum’s broad claim to provide solutions to interoperability challenges ensures that it addresses the issues that are widely identified on the blockchain. But it’s also a problem being addressed by other companies.Recent business reviews Blockchain Healthcare Review At least in part, we’ve focused on companies built on interoperability.An example is Medibloc The solution to the lack of interoperability of medical centers that maintain medical records for completely independent patients.the other one is PotCoin, Became a banker in the cannabis industry. Both pursue essentially siled business interoperability and leverage it by leveraging the lack of security, trust, immutable ledgers, and the need for “trusted authority” inherent in blockchain. It will be realized.